Monday, July 2, 2007

Time seems to fly faster and faster each year. I can't believe it is already July. My intentions were to have some educationally challenging thing for my kids to do each week. Something that would stimulate their minds and enrich their lives. Okay, well actually I just wanted to feel like I was doing something good for my kids rather than just letting them plant themselves in front of the television for the entire summer. But, here it is July 2 and I still haven't done anything remotely educational with the kids. So tomorrow we are making a trip to Columbia so that the kids can visit Edventure the Children's Museum. I must admit that I am also looking forward to the trip since they have a new display on West Africa called "From Here to Timbuktu." I have always wanted to visit West Africa and hopefully one of these days I will be able to but for now maybe the exhibit will teach me a little about the region.

Since I always post pictures of the boys, I searched my recent photos for one of Haley and came across this picture of her with her best buddy, Janie. This is the picture I took when we dropped them off for Girl Scout camp a couple of weeks back. Janie is the sweetest girl and I am so happy that she and Haley are friends. They became friends when Janie moved into the house next door to us back in 2001. Since then, we have moved to Charleston and back. Even though the girls don't go to the same school now, when they get together they just pick up where they left off the last time. I think their friendship will stand the test of time. I look forward to seeing it grow as they do.
So on that note, I'll finish off with a great quote on friendship.
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."









0 comments: