Sunday, July 22, 2007

Funny Hair

This weekend has been a blur. We spent Friday night getting last minute things together for our yard sale. We had a couple of car seats that had been sitting in the garage that David wanted to clean off so he took out his air compressor to blow off the dust. The kids got curious and came over to see what was going on and David played hairstylist and gave them all new "do's" with the air hose.


Saturday morning came a bit early and I had to make myself get out of bed at 6 a.m. As we were pulling the stuff out of the garage around 6:30, people were already starting to drive up. I am all about finding a deal but no way am I getting up early enough to be at a yard sale at 6:30. We had a lot of traffic and ended up extending the sale by an hour because we still had people coming. We cleared out a lot of stuff and donated the rest to the local Help Center. After standing on my feet for 7 hours, I was really tired and wanted to rest but unfortunately I had a lot of cleaning to do. I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning for today's open house.

So today we took the kids to the pool while the open house was happening. No buyers yet, but I am still holding out hope. This evening we went out to dinner with our neighbors and then back to their house for ice cream. The kids ran races around the house for an hour and miraculously no one got hurt.

As we were walking home, I started thinking about how the summer has flown by. Already it's almost the end of July. The school year will start in less than a month. It seems like yesterday school was just getting out. Life just goes so fast sometimes, I wish I had a brake so I could at least slow it down. Before I know it the kids will be too old to hang out with us and run races around the house. They'll be driving cars and hanging out with their parents will be totally uncool. I guess I need to savor the moments of their youth now because in the blink of an eye, it will be gone.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

OMG!!! Those hair-dos are to die for!!! LOL

Sandy said...

Love the new hair dos...You definitely need to scrap that :)

And yes it is sad that our children do grow up way to fast! Luckily Ariel still likes hanging out with me and cuddling even though she is 15. And Cody does too as long as he doesn't have a friend over....

Pretty soon we will be empty nesters...It will be nice, but very sad in the same token.

Queen of her Castle said...

My mom says Harrison looks like Jinny Neutron. LOL!

Donna said...

i too love the hair... looks like another fun day for your kids...
they do grow fast... but one thing to look forward to when they do grow up is the grandkids...
oh and the time to spend with your hubby... just the two of you... all alone... one on one... but don't get spoiled by it cause then the kids come back... lol