Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Fun Day at the Museum

The kids enjoyed a fun afternoon at Edventure Children's Museum in Columbia. The museum has a lot of really neat things for them to do. Kids can shop for groceries, drive a fire truck, milk a cow, broadcast the news, climb a rock wall or go on a West African adventure all within the four walls of the museum. Guests are greeted by Eddie the giant Edventure "mascot". Kids are able to climb inside this 3 story tall boy and see and hear how his internal organs work. Pretty Cool! I enjoyed seeing the West African exhibit and learned some new things about the nation and it's inhabitants. For instance, did you know that camels don't really spit. The spitting that you think you see is really the camel throwing up. EWWWW! And less gross, did you know that Timbuktu is a real place? I always thought the saying "from here to Timbuktu" was just that, a saying. But it is actually located in Mali, West Africa at the edge of the Sahara Desert. I guess I must have slept through that geography lesson.

So tomorrow is the 4th of July. We have no real big plans other than to hang out and enjoy the day. We are going to make "fake" tie dye t-shirts in the morning. I made one today just for practice and it turned out really cute. I will post pictures of the kids wearing them tomorrow as well as directions on how to make these really cool t-shirts (trust me it is way less mess than the real tie dying). Tomorrow afternoon we are decorating the kids bicycles and heading downtown for the parade. Afterwards we'll probably hang out and listen to the band downtown.

Happy 4th to All!
PS- I am working on a new look for my blog so it won't always look so bland and white.

0 comments: