Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Painting

My parents came up on Sunday night to stay for a few days. They have been helping me get a few things done around the house. I painted the boys bathroom yesterday morning. Then yesterday afternoon, I started painting Harrison's room. I finished that up this morning with a some help from the little man himself. I tried to put him off but he was a persistant little booger so I ended up letting him help me paint the corner behind the door-just in case it ended up looking messy. He actually did a pretty good job except for at the very end he started brushing up with the paint brush and got the bristles all scrunched up. The second picture is of him looking at the bristles and laughing at himself for messing up the brush. Holden's room is a "surfer" theme but Harrison chose a cowboy theme for his room. I have already purchased the fabric so now all I have left to do is actually sew the duvet cover, dust ruffle and curtains. Tomorrow I am starting on Haley's room. We bought the paint today. She is not a frilly girlie girl so we went with Pale Apple (think light lime green) for the wall color although pink would have been my choice. After all that painting I may have to take a break for a bit.
Harrison only has two days left of school until his summer break officially starts. The other two have two weeks before school is over. They are counting down the days and looking forward to the summer.

0 comments: