Sunday, November 25, 2007

I am so thankful

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My family and I went to my grandmother's house as we do every year to celebrate the holiday with all of my aunts, uncles and cousins. We always have quite a large crowd with lots of food.


Even though I am a bit late, I thought that I would make a brief list of some things I am thankful for.


In addition to my family and health, I am thankful for (in no particular order):


  1. My friends (both old and new)
  2. Freedom of Worship
  3. Freedom of Speech
  4. The soldiers who fight for our freedom and their families who sacrifice so that they can
  5. Teachers who get way less praise and appreciation than they deserve
  6. My husband who works hard so that I can stay at home with our children
  7. My dad who stood in line for 2 hours and was able to get my kids the one present they really wanted for Christmas
  8. The smiles and laughter of my children, the feel of their arms as they hug me tight, the trust I see in their eyes and the peacefulness on their faces as they sleep.
  9. My mom who never hesitates to offer her help
  10. The roof over my head
  11. Clean water and food on my plate
  12. My Dansko clogs
  13. Warm coffee on a cold day
  14. My birthmother who made the unselfish decision to give me the opportunity for a better life than what she could have given me
  15. A beautiful sunset
  16. The crashing of the waves on the shoreline
  17. My favorite sweats
  18. My pillows
  19. The first flowers of spring
  20. Rainbows and the promise they stand for
  21. Days when absolutely everything goes right
  22. For the rain after a long dry spell
  23. Libraries
  24. Technology
  25. Hope
  26. Forgiveness
  27. The future

And on that note, I would like to leave you with these thoughts. I can't take credit for writing it but I wholeheartedly agree with it.

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something,for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary, because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks. Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.

0 comments: