Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Harrison started his tumbling class at the YMCA today. He was so cute doing his "exercises" as he calls them. I am glad he enjoys it. It gives me some time to work out and him some time to play in a structured environment (meaning he isn't at my house tearing it up).

This afternoon after we got home I was out walking the dog when Harrison decided to help me out by "doing" some laundry. When I came back inside he told me that he had put his clothes in the washer with some bleach. Well, I rushed to the laundry room hoping that it really wasn't the bleach he had gotten into. Thankfully it was only the laundry detergent. So I washed an extra load of clothes today and the worst thing was that I had to rinse the load twice to get all the soap out of the clothes. Thank the Lord for small blessings. Harrison has been advised that in the future he should only help mommy by putting his clothes in the hamper.

I did get a little creative work done today. I have had this picture out for some time trying to decide what to do with it. Today I came across a quote from Bishop Abel Muzorewa, an African spiritual and political leader. I used these words as my journaling and the title "Do it Anyway" says it all.
"People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered. Love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Do good anyway. If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. The biggest person with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest person with the smallest mind. Think big anyway. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. People really need help but may attack if you help them. Help people anyway. Give the world the best you have and you might get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you've got anyway. " I think we should all heed his advice

0 comments: