Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

First off, I want to tell my mother thank you. I know there are times when you doubted that I appreciated all of your hard work and sacrifices. And yes, there were many times I took you for granted. But, the older I get, and the more I experience as a mom, the more I appreciate you. And the more I rely on your wisdom. There are days when I catch myself saying some of the things you use to say to me when I was growing up. The things I swore I would never say to my children. Thank you for all that you have done for me. Thank you for being my mother and my friend.

Yesterday I got up at 5:15 a.m. to take Haley to her school for a field trip. Since I was the morning drop-off person, David agreed to be the pick up guy. So at 10:30 last night, I crawled into bed and quickly drifted off to sleep. At around 11:30 I felt a small hand poking me in the arm and realized that Harrison was telling me he was going to be sick (again). After I took care of him, I crawled back in bed and just as I had drifted off, I heard the phone ring. Dazed and confused, I stumbled around the bed to find the phone. Haley was calling to tell us she was already at the school. I went downstairs and couldn't find David so I assumed he was on the way. I got back into bed and by this time I was wide awake. I waited until I heard the two of them come in and then I drifted off to sleep.

Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, we had a storm come through. At 5:00 a.m., I heard a small voice telling me that he needed to be close to me because he was scared. I pulled back the covers and lifted him into the bed snuggling close. Periodically, I could feel him turn closer to me and rub my arm gently. Three hours later, I woke up with my arm asleep and stiff neck but snuggled right next to me still was Harrison.

The boys made me stay upstairs until Haley was awake and then they allowed me to come downstairs.

I got a really nice handmade card and scarf from Harrison.
Holden made me two pictures and a cake.
Haley got me a card and some pretty handmade roses.
And to top it all off, I am getting a beach cruiser. And it's in my FAVORITE color. It isn't here yet but this is what it looks like:



And last but not least here's a picture of me and the hubby.

0 comments: