Thursday, August 23, 2007

I've Been Tagged

My good friend Sandy tagged me several days ago and I have yet to respond, not because I didn't want to, but because my life is well, pretty crazy right now. Thankfully in "blogese", tagged does not involve running or chasing. It just means that I was challenged to answer some questions. So here goes:

I'm happiest when....I am barefoot.

Someday I'm going to... fit into a size six again (okay a girl can dream, right?).

When I'm really down, what I want to do is... eat chocolate (which is why that size six is looking elusive).

I feel anxious when...I check my bank account and realize I don't have as much money as I thought I did. (Could it be that I should have passed on that sale at the scrapbook store?)

I like people who... are a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll.

All it takes to make me happy is... a hug from my kids.

What I really want to do is...be a good wife, mother and friend.

A person really should...never wear white pants with patterned underwear.

If I could do whatever I wanted, I would...sleep late everyday.

Now that you are bored to death, on to something a bit more interesting.

I was in Walmart today looking for a lampshade for Harrison's room. I found this really cute lampshade so I looked and looked for a price on the shelf (all the while mumbling to myself that things should be more clearly marked after all that is one of my biggest pet peeves and how dare Walmart not know this) but couldn't find one so I came to the conclusion that you had to purchase the entire lamp (base and shade) as one. So I said to Harrison I guess we'll have to go find you a shade somewhere else since I don't need the whole lamp. To which he replies, "You could just steal it like I did." Somehow I am guessing that the lesson was not learned.

A friend of mine once said that by just looking at Harrison you would never guess what lies underneath. I don't think a truer statement could have been made. With Harrison you just never know what he will do or say next.

Like last week when I was unpacking the kitchen and Harrison was sitting at the table having a snack. I figured if I could get him to sit still for a little while I might actually get something done so I bribed him with some of that snack mix stuff. I wasn't paying much attention because I was concentrating on which drawer to put the cheese grater in when suddenly it registers on me that some odd sound is coming from across the room. I look over at Harrison and find that he has dumped his entire bowl of snack mix in the flour sifter and is turning the handle and all of the crumbs are falling all over the table and floor. I yell at him to stop and ask him what he thinks he is doing to which he replies "Just having some fun".

Yes, Harrison's fun ultimately leads to work for me. But it's hard to stay mad at him when he bats those long eyelashes and flashes that smile. And if the truth be known I wouldn't have it any other way. What you see is what you get with Harrison. He is what he is and I hope that he will forever stay that way.

0 comments: