Thursday, April 2, 2009

Save, Save, Save

Last week I did really well with my coupon savings. Harris Teeter (our local grocery store) had TRIPLE coupons all week. Unfortunately there was a limit of 20 coupons per day. Fortunately one trip was all I needed to save BIG. My grocery total was $54.22. My savings was $102.15. Even my husband was impressed, which trust me is a hard thing to do.

To prepare for my trip, I scoured the weekly ad to find the specials. They had quite a few Buy One Get Two Free specials. I took advantage of the trash bags and chicken breasts. The frozen Green Giant veggies were on sale for $1 each. I love these for lunch so I bought 7 of them. There was an automatic $4 rebate when 10 Pillsbury products were purchased so I used my coupons, got triple savings on most of them and on top of that the $4 rebate.

My best savings were:
  • a can of corn that I actually got $.95 back because the coupon value exceeded the cost of the corn
  • a tube of Colgate toothpaste for $.35
  • a package of Magic Erasers for $.50
  • two packs of brown sugar for a total of $.49
  • a roll of Viva paper towels for $.25
  • a bottle of mustard for $.29

So with all my savings, I am off to take a much needed vacation.

0 comments: