Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blind man

I haven't been really good about posting lately. I have just been so busy that at the end of the day, I am totally wiped and my brain isn't functioning enough to write anything. Last Sunday, David got sick and spent the entire day in the bed. Monday when I was at work, he called and told me that his eye was bothering him and he needed a ride to the eye doctor. Without his contacts he is legally blind so needless to say he didn't want to drive. Come to find out he had ulcers on his cornea. Since he couldn't wear his contacts we had to order him glasses but they wouldn't be in until Tuesday. Monday night I watched television and David listened. I tried to give him a blow by blow of the show but I don't think he was amused.

On Tuesday he was going stir crazy so I took him along with me to Costco. As we entered the store, his phone rang so I pointed inside to let him know that I was going inside. I went and filled out the membership form, had my picture taken and my card done and still, no David. I was wondering what in the world he could be doing for so long so I walked back outside and there he sat staring at his hand. I forgot that he couldn't see 5 feet in front of him and he had no way of finding me so he had just sat down. He tried to call my cell phone but I had left it in the car. When we were in the store, I made him hold onto the buggy so he wouldn't get lost. It was kind of like leading around a blind guy.

Thankfully he got glasses on Tuesday and was able to drive himself around. It took me a few days to get use to his new look but I have to say he looks rather nice in glasses. He isn't so thrilled with the glasses and I think he is glad that he can wear contacts again on Monday.

0 comments: