Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The things kids think of.....

I love to encourage my kids to be creative. Well, as long as it doesn't get messy. The other day Holden found some pieces of wood in the garage and decided to make a cross. He nailed the two pieces of wood together and then came to me for some paint.

I had a small can of tester paint left over from when I briefly lost my mind and decided I might want to paint the dining room red again (if you have never tried painting a wall red, don't, you'll thank me for it). I let Holden use this to decorate his cross.


I came outside to find Holden lying in the driveway. I thought maybe he was resting or hurt or some combination of the two but in actuality he was painting the sides of the cross.



When I asked him what he planned to do with his cross he said he wasn't sure. Right now it is decorating our screened porch. But really, it wasn't the end product that mattered anyway, it was the whole creating process that was important. He saw some wood and decided it should be a cross. Who knows what project will be next. I am just glad he enjoys being creative.

1 comments:

Kim Eckhardt said...

I painted one wall in our kitchen red with the intent of painting the whole kitchen red. Yeah. That's not going to happen. We now have an accent wall. :)