Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post. Time just flies by I tell you. We have been busy getting adjusted to the school schedule. Morning comes awfully early here. Being that I have NEVER been a morning person, I have a grudge against the powers that be who felt compelled to make the little ones start school at 7:40 a.m. Seems that some study or another showed that little ones learn better earlier in the day. I don't buy into that mess. My little ones don't even get fully awake until about 9:00 a.m. And when I was young I went to half day kindergarten and I think I turned out just fine thank you. Now those poor kids have to be up at the crack of dawn, at school and raring to go by 7:40 and they don't get home until 3:00 p.m. That's a long day. Haley is lucky she gets to "sleep in" and doesn't have to leave for school until 8 a.m. Course she isn't getting home until 4:15 so I guess her day is as long as the boys.

This is Harrison's first full week at kindergarten and it's been a tough one. Being home this weekend made it harder for him to go back. Monday, Holden took him in school and dropped him off at his class. When Harrison got home Monday afternoon he announced he had enough of school and he thought he just might stay at home with me on Tuesday. When we got up Tuesday, Harrison was teary eyed and wanted me to walk him to his class. Once we got into the school things were fine and he waved goodbye and went to put his stuff in his cubby. I thought things would be better today but it was the same thing. Only this morning he had a stomachache. After some breakfast and a little cuddling he seemed better but I still had to walk him in.

Harrison and Holden started riding the bus home this week. I still take them in the mornings because they can sleep an extra 20 minutes (meaning so can I). Today as we were driving to school, Harrison asked if I could write his teacher a note tomorrow that he wanted to be a car rider home. Holden said he didn't care how Harrison got home, he was riding the bus. That boy loves the bus. But that's a whole other story.

0 comments: