Friday, February 22, 2008

So here I sit........

This afternoon Holden had a friend over. It was a rainy afternoon so the boys played upstairs. Every now and again I had to remind them that they were inside which meant no running but for the most part they were being pretty good until....

I was walking upstairs when I heard this loud pop followed by Holden's high pitched wail. I looked in Holden's room to catch Harrison scooting quickly away from Holden. He looked up at me and said "What? He wouldn't let me have that" pointing to one of the ten thousand toys littering the floor. Apparently the way Harrison chose to resolve the situation was to smack Holden in the eye with his fist.
After sending Harrison to his room, I tended to Holden and got him calmed down. He did have a pretty big red spot around his eye and it was swelling slightly. I hate spanking and can count on one had the number of times I have actually spanked one of my children. But I figured that this time warranted one so I popped Harrison once with the belt to get his attention and made him stay in his room.

I went back downstairs to fix dinner and when it was ready I called the kids to come and eat. Only the two oldest came down and Haley told me that Harrison was asleep. When I went upstairs, this is what I found.


We all ate dinner and still no Harrison. I had stamp club tonight so I got ready and went on figuring that Harrison would wake up or that David would wake him up. When I came home at 10, Harrison was still asleep. At 10:30 when everyone else was getting ready for bed, Harrison woke up. So now it's close to midnight and here I sit typing my blog and finishing up Haley's birthday invitations while Harrison is watching Madagascar and the others are asleep. Which is where I want to be. Only I am not. What's wrong with this picture?

0 comments: