Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow tubing

January turned out to be an extremely busy month. As soon as I felt I had recovered from the Christmas holidays, the kids were out of school again for another "winter break".

We took advantage of the break and went to the mountains with some friends. There were 19 of us (9 adults and 10 kids) in one house for 4 days. Despite the close quarters, we had a nice time.

The funniest thing of the weekend was seeing us all get ready and out of the door to go snow tubing. It reminded me of the Home Alone movie where the family was scrambling around trying to get out of the door. Fortunately for us no one got left behind.

The kids all went snow tubing while the parents sat up on the deck and watched. Holden and Haley had a blast and loved every minute of it. Harrison went down a few times with Haley but everytime he got back to the top he would come over and tell me he didn't want to go again. Mean mom that I am, I made him go enough times that I felt I had gotten my money's worth then I let him sit out for a little while.

Although it hadn't snowed in a weeks time, we were able to find a hill that still had quite a bit of snow on it so that we could sled. The kids were having so much fun that the men had to test their sledding skills out. It was very funny to watch them flying down the hill, hitting the all the bumps and finally skidding (or toppling over) to a stop. The men decided to race down the hill and then convinced the women that we needed to try it. I just knew I was going to break my neck but I survived with only a few bruises to the bottom.

Here are a few pictures of our fun weekend.

0 comments: