Saturday, January 2, 2010

Making a gingerbread house

My mom always makes a gingerbread house with the kids. I am glad she enjoys doing it because honestly it's something I don't think I would do well with. First off it's a pain to put the whole thing together. You have to have a lot of patience which doesn't happen to be something I have a lot of. Second, it makes a huge mess. And last the kids generally lose interest right at the end and decide that it's okay for someone else to finish up the project (which includes cleaning up the mess).

This year it actually went pretty well and the boys stuck with the decorating until the house was all but done. Most years the boys just put the candy on until they get bored but this year Harrison even tried to decorate the house with the frosting. I think mostly he just wanted to squeeze out a huge blob so he could eat it but at least he acted like he was trying to help.

Here's the work in progress:









And the finished project:


0 comments: