Friday, November 14, 2008

Permanent Ink

Harrison told David today that he was going to get a bike and some dart guns for Christmas. David asked him how he knew that. Harrison said, "Because I wrote my list in permanent ink".

That reminds me of this story I use to read when I was a child about this little girl who had a magic pencil. Whatever she drew actually came to life. I can remember wishing that I had one of those magic pencils. Oh, the things I would have made for myself.

Now wouldn't it be great if there really were magic pencils and markers. If I wanted a new pair of shoes, I would whip out my handy pencil, sketch away and tadah, new shoes for me. No more scouring the stores in search of the perfect shoe, with just the right height heel and color. Or if I had that marker, I could make a list of chores for the kids to do and guess what, it would be done.

If only it were that easy.

0 comments: