Thursday, November 6, 2008

Murphy's Law

Do you ever just have one of those weeks? Like the kind where you wish you had just stayed in bed because it doesn't seem that much is going right? Well, it's been one of those weeks. Oh sure I have tons to be thankful for (like the fact that my husband has a job and I am in good health and there is food on my table) but sometimes it's hard to look past the pile of crap sitting in front of you. Know what I mean?

Like for instance the fact that I got a brand new computer this past weekend and the screen started getting lines all over it when it came out of sleep mode. So I contact Dell who manufactured the computer and was told I had to contact Best Buy where I bought the computer. So I contact Best Buy and they told me to bring it in. So I hauled the whole shebang (hard drive and 24" flat screen monitor) back to Best Buy to find out the video card was bad (or so they said).

After standing there for almost 2 hours with 3 children running amok in the store, they finally found me a replacement which was being held for some other guy who ironically was having the same EXACT problem with his. I reluctantly took it thinking surely this one had to be different. When I got home, the stinkin' door to the DVD drive was broke. So I packed up the whole thing and drove halfway across town to the other Best Buy to pick up a new one.

When I was standing in line this guy walks up behind me and asks why I am returning the computer and I explained the situation to him. Turns out he was the one who was having the same problem with his computer and I had taken the one they were holding for replacement. I told him it was a good thing he hadn't gotten that one as the DVD door was broken. I got the new one set up and guess what? The screen started staying blank when coming out of sleep mode. I am banging my head on the wall here.

To top all that off, we got a letter yesterday from these jerks we bought our house from and they want us to pay back $400 because the closing attorney miscalculated the taxes (in 2007) and gave us more credit than we should have gotten (can you say greedy?).

And then last night my back started hurting and hasn't gotten better today. Might be a kidney stone or maybe a strained muscle from hauling the computer across town twice. Who knows but it hurts and Ibuprofen isn't helping.

Just way too much for me this week. I could use a Xanax but somehow the things got lost when we were moving. See Murphys' Law.

1 comments:

Kim Eckhardt said...

I hate having weeks like those. {{{{{{{Becky}}}}}}}}

The easiest part is telling those people to shove it and get it from the attorney who miscalculated it. They signed the paperwork and agreed to everything. I guess it was an expensive lesson for them. Besides, how much time did they put into figuring out that mistake????