Monday, October 5, 2009

It's good to know....

Many times the only correspondence that you receive from teachers is to discuss a problem that your child is having with school work or behavior. It's good to know that sometimes teachers go out of their way to send a nice note to parents just because. I received one of those notes on Friday. It said:

Good Afternoon!

I am Haley's ELA teacher and just wanted to tell you what a joy she is in class. I am enjoying getting to know her and am realizing how smart and polite she is. She is a wonderful role model and you should be so proud of her. I hope my little one grows up to be just like that!

Have a wonderful weekend and don't hesitate to email me should you ever need anything.

Needless to say I was quite impressed that this teacher would take the time to send me an email just to say that and I was certainly proud of my little (or not so much anymore) girl.  It's nice to know that she has that effect on others.

0 comments: